Located in the eastern Caribbean and surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean, Barbados is a destination known for repeated visitors. The island’s rich colonial history which is prevalent in the architecture in the capital city of Bridgetown. The natural beauty can be found in the friendliness of the Bajan people and landscape such as Harrison’s Caves; the calm white sandy beaches of the west coast which is perfect for the leisure traveler; or ride the perfect waves on the east coast which has grown in popularity for surfing.
Upcoming Events in Barbados
- Barbados Festival of Cycling – September 9th-10th 2017
- Barbados National Triathlon- October 8th 2017
The 27th annual triathlon event, featuring Olympic distance, sprint distance and a relay sprint distance in Spring Garden, near Bridgetown.
- Dragon World Championships (SUP)- October 28th to 30th 2017
- Barbados Open Water Swim –November 1st-5th 2017
Started in 2013, this is now one of the largest swimming events in the Caribbean and recognised around the world. Training and competitive swims from recreational to elite level.
- Barbados Food and Rum Festival- Mid-November, Local and international chefs collaborate to whip up culinary creations in demonstrations and tastings in the island’s renowned restaurants. Plus cocktails with Bajan rums.
- The formal ceremonies marking the independence of Barbados from the UK in 1966 – with marching troops and military bands – attended by politicians and dignitaries- November 30th
- Run Barbados Marathon-A weekend of running events: Friday Fun Mile, Saturday 5k and 10k, and then Sunday has an early start – 5am – for full and half marathons and a 5k charity walk. Some world-class runners. December 1st-3rd 2017